NewNow you can hear Fox News article!
President Donald Trump, informing the Congress, shut down its week that he was canceling about $ 5 billion in foreign aid, which the Congress had already approved as the Legislative Branch faced the October 1 time limit to fund the government or deal with the shutdown.
Trump Pocket is canceling funding using rescue. Contrary to a specific rescue request, which allows the Congress to sign the nickens of the approved funding within 45-days, bypassing a pocket rescue to the Congress as it is so close to the end of the financial year that the Legislative Branch cannot function accordingly.
“Last night, President Trump canceled a time of $ 4.9 billion in the US, which is the previous foreign aid using a pocket rescue,” the office management and budget (OMB) said on the X on Friday. ,[President Donald Trump] Will always keep America first! ,
White House exploded as illegal to cancel $ 4.9B foreign aid with ‘Pocket Resciphe’
About $ 520 million from contribution to international organizations’ account in slash funds, more than $ 390 million for contribution to international peace activities, $ 322 million from Democracy Fund, $ 422 million from Democracy Fund, $ 445 million from Peacekeeping Operations account and more than $ 3 billion with development assistance.
Meanwhile, MPs on both sides of the corridor are not happy about Trump’s decision to draw funding.
“Any attempt to cancel approved funds without the approval of the Congress is a clear violation of the law,” Susan Colins, president of the Senate Appropriation, is a clear violation of the law.
What happened this week here too:
South Korea Summit
Trump closed the week’s meeting on Monday with the new President of South Korea, Lee J. Mayung.
However, during the summit, he postponed his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and said the two would “meet someday.” Trump met Kim on three occasions, which during his first term for Danuclarisation talks at the office – first in Singapore in 2018, and then in Vietnam in 2019 and within North Korea.
Trump Tout Kim Jong United Nations Between South Korea Summit
A handout photo provided by Dong-e-Ilbo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump separated South and North Korea on 30 June 2019 at Panmunjom, South Korea on 30 June 2019. (Dong-e Ilbo Getty Image/Getty Image)
“I have very good relations with North Korea with Kim Jong Un at the White House on Monday, Trump told reporters at the White House on Monday. “I mean, many people will say,” Oh, it’s terrible. ” No, it was really, I was eager to see him.
Although the current Trump administration has indicated interest in renewing nuclearization negotiations with North Korea, Pyongyang has not shown interest in atomicization.
Death sentence in Washington?
Trump revealed that he plans to plan a death penalty in Washington for those convicted of murder as he continues his crime in the country’s capital.
“If someone kills someone in Rajdhani, Washington, DC, we are going to demand a death penalty,” Trump told reporters during a meeting of the cabinet on Tuesday cabinet meeting. “And this is a very strong preventive. And what everyone hears it agrees with it. I don’t know if we are ready for it in this country, but we have it … we have no choice.”
The Supreme Court ruled in 1972 at Furman vs. Georgia that the death sentence violated the provision of the eighth amendment and stopped the cruel and unusual punishment. Additionally, the DC Council officially canceled the death penalty in 1981 according to the non -profit organization The Death Penalty Information Center.
Death sentence under Trump’s DC Crime Crackdown can return to the country’s capital
President Donald Trump, along with State Secretary Marco Rubio, and Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, speaks on August 26, 2025 during a cabinet meeting in the White House cabinet room in Washington. (Through Mandel Nagan/AFP Getty Image)
It is not clear how the White House intends to start this effort and no additional details were available immediately. The White House sent back Fox News Digital for Trump’s comments at the cabinet meeting.
However, Trump signed an executive order in January, titled “to restore the death penalty and protect public safety.” The order instructs the Attorney General to “chase the death penalty for all crimes of one seriousness, which demands its use.”
The order stated, “The capital punishment is an essential tool to stop and punish those who will fulfill the most heinous crime against American citizens and fatal violence.” “Before, and after the establishment of the United States, our cities, states and countries have consistently rely on capital punishment, which is the final preventive and only for crimes.”
Trump firecrackers weigh on barrels
Trump also discussed whether the cracker barrel should update his logo, and urged the restaurant series to reverse his decision to change his logo to remove “Uncle Hosche”.
Trump said in Tuesday’s social media post, “The cracker barrel should return to the old logo, accept a mistake based on the customer response (final pole), and the company should manage better than before.”
Fishkil, a general view of a cracker barrel country store in New York, August 25, 2025. (Richard Bitham for Fox News Digital)
Later on Tuesday, the cracker barrel announced that he had listened to the customers and the new logo was “going away” and the previous one which was in place since 1977.
The White House appeared taking credit for igniting the change, and the White House press secretary Karolin Levit posted on X, “8 hours ago …” with a screenshot of Trump’s original social media post, in response to the cracker barrel update about the respect for previous logo.
Trump said in a social media post on Tuesday, “Congratulations to the ‘cracker barrel’ to change your logo back. All your fans appreciate it very much.”
Fox News’ Alex Miller contributed to this report.