US President Donald Trump tried to reach Prime Minister Narendra Modi “several times” in recent weeks, stating that a German newspaper supporting the earlier claim by a German newspaper, exposing the circumstances behind the clear snub to the US President by PM Modi.The final officially accepted phone between PM Modi and Trump took place on June 17, when Trump suddenly left the G7 Summit in Canada and went back to Washington. A bilateral meeting between the two leaders planned on the occasion of the summit had to be canceled.During that call, Trump invited PM Modi to stay in Washington, but the request was rejected as Modi traveled to Croatia.According to government officials quoted in the NYT report, there was a concern that Trump could try to push PM Modi in a photo-up with Pakistan’s Army Chief Asim Munir, who was invited for lunch at the White House at the same time for lunch. “It was another clear indication that Trump paid very little attention to the complexity of the issue (between India and Pakistan) or its surrounding sensitivity and history,” the report cited a government official in the report. Since then, relations between India and America have been under stress. Trump imposed 50 percent tariff on Indian goods and suspended trade talks after the government opposed India’s opening of agriculture and dairy markets.The NYT report stated that later an attempt was made to arrange another call between the two leaders to finalize the partial trade deal. But government officials were cautious. A senior official told the NYT that the Modi government had a concern that Trump Truth could post his own version of the conversation on social, whatever has been discussed or agreed.However, the White House spokesperson denied that Trump had reached out.US President Donald Trump has repeatedly claimed that he achieved peace between India and Pakistan when the country was probably going to “nuclear”, a claim that New Delhi has repeatedly denied.However, during the June 17 phone call, Trump brought it again and told Prime Minister Modi that he was proud to “finish” the recent military growth between India and Pakistan. He said that Pakistan planned to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize, asking for something that he was openly asking for. The NYT report stated that the comment was seen by the authorities as a sign that Trump had expected similar support from India.PM Modi pushed back, making it clear that a ceisel was arranged between New Delhi and Islamabad without any role for the US. Officials quoted the New York Times as saying that the exchange, and PM Modi refused to support Trump’s Nobel dialect, became a significant turn in the relationship between the two leaders.India launched Operation Sindor on 7 May, targeted the terrorist infrastructure in Pakistan and poked in response to the Pahalgam terror attack on 22 April, killing 26 people. This led to a four -day clash between the two sides, which ended on May 10 after an understanding to prevent military functions.