NewNow you can hear Fox News article!
In a revived letter to Minnesota village Tim Walz, the head of the Minnesota Catholic Conference expressed that Catholic and other non -report school schools were in “immediate and important needs” of security reforms, saying, “Our schools are attacking.”
The petition was unheard, and two years later, concerns raised by Catholic leaders were reported when a gunman set fire to the students of Minoriapolis Catholic School, while they were participating in the month, two dead and 17 were injured.
The letter was first reported Daily wire And was sent by Jason Edkins, Executive Director of Minnesota Catholic Conference and Tim Benz, Chairman of Private School Advocacy Group Mindpected. The letter was sent on April 14, 2023, and is still publicly available at the Minnesota Catholic Conference Website,
The leaders wrote, “We are writing about immediate and important needs in Minnesota on behalf of our respective organizations, to ensure that our schools are safe and safe in our state and our schools in our schools, and in our schools, and are safe and safe,” the leaders wrote.
In the letter, the leaders pointed out the mass shooting at the Covenant Christian School in Nashville, which took place just a week before the letter was sent, saying, “The shooting of the latest school at a non -Riplick Christian School in Tennessee is sadly confirmed what we already know – our schools are attacking.”
2 children were killed in shooting in Miniapolis Catholic Church, 17 injured
Susan Sally, Right, and Megan Pearlausi put flowers at a memorial at a memorial after the shooting of Wednesday on Wednesday, August 28, 2025 in Miniapolis. (Abbi Parr/AP Photo)
The leaders said, “In Minnesota, Non -Rippical Schools, especially our Jewish and Muslim schools have experienced increased levels of threats, all of which should be taken very seriously.” “Covenant school should never have a tragedy Minnesota or in our country since last week.”
The leaders expressed serious concern that 72,000 students enrolled in Independent, Catholic, Jewish, Christians, Christians and Muslim schools in Minnesota may be in danger due to $ 50 million building and cyber security grant program and excluding the state’s safe schools, which provides emergency response training, security upgradation, mental health services and other security measures.
The leaders said that they were specially given the most recent, and continuous attacks in our schools in this country and in our state.
The leaders wrote, “We need to ensure that all schools have resources to prevent and prevent these attacks from being in our schools.”
The leaders said, “An attack on any school, whether a public, non -report, charter or any other school site, cannot be tolerated or allowed in Minnesota.” “We want to ensure that Minnesota is doing everything that can ensure that all our students are safe and safe. We ask you that the final education finance bill includes $ 50 million and allow non -report schools to apply for funding.”
The staff of Minnesota Hospital joined the shooting victim in the CT scanner, so he did not have to pass alone ‘
Tim Walz, a spokesman at the village, told Fox News Digital “Governor cares deeply about the safety of students and has signed laws in millions in funds for school safety.” (Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Image)
A spokesman for the Minnesota Catholic Conference confirmed the authenticity of the letter to Fox News Digital. However, to further comment, the spokesperson confirmed that the requests made in the letter were never given.
The spokesperson pointed to additional requests and the conference and Minnesota Catholic Bishop included Walz for Catholic and other non -reported schools in 2022 in state school security programs.
In a video of June 2022, St. Paul-Miniapolis Archbishop Bernard Hebda called Valz to call a special session of the State Legislature, so that all schools, including safety promotion, prevention of violence and non-profit schools for mental health programs, could be asked to pass a bill, to pass a bill. Fox 9,
According to a recent policy document by the Minnesota Department of Education, underlining the building and cyber security grant program, the program is still available only to cooperative units, school districts or charter schools, except non -card schools.
Additionally, according to a law underlining the program of safe schools available on the Minnesota Legislature website, the funding available for each school matches its tax levy, showing that private schools are not eligible for funding.
However, Walz’s office told Fox News Digital that “private schools actually receive state funding” and “they are also eligible for school safety centers resources including training.”
‘It’s Demonic’: The woman who knew the miniapolis shooter because child speaks after the tragedy
A person goes out of the school of the Church as an individual on Wednesday, August 27, 2025 at Minipolis as a large -scale shooting report. (Abbi Parr/AP Photo)
Valz’s spokesman said “the Governor cares deeply about the safety of the students and the law for school safety is signed in millions.”
The spokesperson further stated that Walz “regularly meets with the Catholic Conference” and that the governor’s office is “committed to work with anyone who is ready to work with us to prevent gun violence and keep our students safe.”
On Tuesday, a 23 -year -old, born Robert Westman, later changed his name to Robin Westman, set a large scale on fire on the Announcement Catholic Church on Wednesday, which was attended by the students of the attached school. Two children were killed and 17 injured in the attack, 14 of whom were children.
FBI director Kash Patel said that the shooter who set fire to a “barbaric” attack on a Catholic school month in Minianpolis left several religious references in his manifesto and on his firearms.
Miniapolis shooting victims were 8 and 10 years old
Patel, while providing an update in a post on X, said, “As we continue to examine tomorrow’s barbaric attack from Robert. [Robin] Westman, male theme, our teams have collected information and evidence, it displays Domestic terrorism Inspired by a hate -filled ideology.
Click here to get Fox News app
Patel said, “The subject left many anti-Catholic, anti-religious references in its manifesto and was written on their firearms.” “The subject expressed hatred and violence to the Jewish people, ‘Israel should write,” free Palestine, “and the clear language related to Holocaust.”
The Minnesota Legislature is currently considering a school safety law, shield bill, which will increase the funding of the state for school security systems. As the bill stands, if the bill was passed in the law, non -report schools will not be eligible for additional security funding.
Greg Vehner of Fox News Digital contributed to this report.