NewNow you can hear Fox News article!
On Wednesday, the father of one of the two victims killed in a shooting in the month of Miniapolis Catholic Church said that his family would not be allowed to catch them, talk to them, or see him growing after “coward”.
Jessie Merkel said on Thursday’s Thursday, “Yesterday, a coward decided to take our … 8 -year -old son, Fletcher away from us. Because of his actions, we will never be allowed to catch him, talk to him, play with him and he was being seen to grow as a wonderful young man he was on his way to be.” “Fletcher loved his family, friends, fishing, cooking and any game that he was allowed to play.”
He said, “While the holes in our hearts and life will never be filled, I hope our family can get treatment in time.
Fletcher was one of the two children, who was killed in collective shoots, although the other victims, only identified as a 10 -year -old student in the Announcement Catholic Church, is not yet named.
Memorial Day Mass Shooting 2 dead in Philadelphia, 9 injured
People arrive at the School of Announcement Church as a police for a collective shooting on Wednesday in Miniapolis. (Bruce Clukhon/AP Photo)
In addition to two young victims, 18 others were injured – many seriously – and hospitalized.
A 13 -year -old boy, Andre Gunter, was shot in the stomach and was out of surgery by Wednesday evening.
In Miniapolis, Fox 9 reported that the boy’s mother, Daniel Gunter issued a statement on Wednesday.
Gunter wrote, “Our hearts are shattered – not only for him, but for everyone.” “We mourn and we pray: for those who were shot, for their families, and for those who lost loved ones.
“Our son shared with us that an MPD officer ‘really helped him.” He said that the officer provided assistance, hugged him, assured him, and prayed with him before coming to an ambulance, “Mother continued.” Unlike others, we are blessed to catch him. We will help him re -create his life, his faith and his confidence. “
Federal Judge left the Minnesota law to religious colleges from the state program
A memorial honor in shooting of shooting victims sits outside the church, a primary school home and a shooting scene a day earlier in Minianpolis, Minnesota, US August 28, 2025. (Tim Evans/Reuters)
A gofundme page for the boy said Andre was taken in surgery after shooting, and he was now recovering in the hospital.
According to a Facebook post from St. Mary’s Greek Orthodox Church on Wednesday, 12 -year -old Sophia Fourchas, who used to seriously injured and undergo surgery, was shot.
“Currently, Sophia has undergone difficult and long surgery, but remains in an important position,” read the post. “In about 2 to 3 days, love and care will be determined more by medical staff.”
A gofundme page setup for Sophia said Sophia’s younger brother was inside the school during shooting, but was not physically injured.
The Post also said that Sophia’s mother is a pediatric important care nurse who was at work when she came to know that her daughter was among the injured.
Chicago’s Bloody Memorial Day Weekend left 22 shots, 2 dead: reported report
A parents embrace their son during an active shooter position at Announcement Church in Miniapolis on Wednesday. (Richard Tsong-Tatari/Star Tribune through AP)
During a news conference on Thursday, the American Attorney for Minnesota, Joe Thompson said the shooter left the writing of hundreds of pages, and after reading them it was clear that the shooter did not want anything more than “to kill children”.
“The shooter was suffering from the idea of ​​killing children,” Thompson said. “The shooter saw the attack as a way to target our weakest people among us. While they were the weakest in school and in the church. I would not dignity the shooter’s words by repeating them. They are frightening and monotonous. But in short, the shooter wanted to see children suffering.”
Around 8:30 pm, the suspect fired dozens of rounds in the church, shattered the stained glass and pew-side windows, as nervous students and parisians dumped for the cover.
The authorities have not yet released a purpose.
During a press conference, Meiyapolis Mayor Jacob Frey condemned the attack and said:
“These children were really praying. It was the first week of the school. They were in a church. These are children who should learn with their friends. They should play in the playground. They should be able to go to school or church in peace without any fear.”
In a national response, President Donald Trump ordered to blow up all American flags at half-employee by August 31, 2025 in memory of the victims.
“As an honor for the victims of insensitive acts of violence on August 27, 2025 at Minsota, Minnesota, I order it by this that the United States flag will be flown on half-staff till sunset on August 31, 2025.”
The White House confirmed flags will be launched in public buildings, military positions and embassies worldwide.
Pope Leo XIV also sent his condolences to the Archbishop Bernard Hebda of Miniapolis.
“In this extremely difficult time, the Holy Father, Announcement Catholic School Community, St. Paul and the ArchdayC of Minoria and Greater Twin cities for the people of the metropolitan region, who are blessed as a pledge of peace, fate and consolation in the Lord Jesus,” he wrote on Telegram.
Click here to get Fox News app
Police said the shooter was equipped with three firearms and died of a self-imprisoned gun wound behind the church.
The tragedy comes between the active-shooter Haux and is a threat to targeting American college complexes in recent times, underlining the growing concerns over school and community security.