NewNow you can hear Fox News article!
While some Democrats have defended investing in an interview with Fox News Digital, Sen John Fetterman, D-P.
“The plans are being a delicious and historically,” Fetrolman said. “They are not putting here in a position like dave and buster, so I think it seems very common to upgrade some of these features.”
But Sen Richard BluMental, D-Con., Described Trump’s latest attempt as anything but “normal”.
“The project at the White House is a huge boon,” said BlueMemental. “The important question is not only the disadvantage that it can do the architecture of the White House, but also what the contribution will be on Trump if they are giving to this project.”
Trump gave a guild makeover to the Oval Office – and covered himself the cost
President Donald Trump speaks at the Oval Office on August 14, 2025 at Washington, DC (Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)
White House press secretary Karolin Levitt Told reporters last month Trump and private donor will fund the estimated $ 200 million of the new ballroom.
Trump appears on the roof of the White House amidst the talks of historical renewal
“Now, he is pleading with private contributors for this boon, and the question is what kind of influence and influence that contributors will have?” The Connecticut Senator questioned.
Sen Ted Cruise, R-Texas, said that criticism of Democrats “is not surprising to anyone.”
“This is the essence of his party,” Kruz said. “They hate the hatred for Trump and hate American people who voted for him.”
The Texas Senator stated that he was grateful to the “unprecedented project”, and accused the Democrats of hating Trump anything.
“A ballroom at the White House will be used by both the President, Republican and Democrats, and is being funded without a taxpayer’s money.”
Sen John Fetterman, D-Pa., Washington, DC talks to reporters at the Senate Metro on February 12, 2025 in DC (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Image)
Sen Chris Cons, D-Dale., However, admitted that the White House needs an event space.
Lewitt said that the President is unable to host the major tasks with the leaders of the world, which “about 100 yards from the entrance of the main building” is without installing a large and ugly tent. ,
But the Cons said that he “doesn’t know if he really has the right to change the size and scale of the White House without some historical association of the White House or some architects are approved it.”
“Last time I checked that there is nothing in the law that says,” Kruz took back.
The Cons also raised an issue with the project schedule. Lewitt said the renewal would begin in September and “will be completed long before the end of President Trump’s tenure.”
A maccrae architect rendering provided by the White House of the New Ballroom. (the White House)
“Looking at my anxiety, what I have heard so far, it will not be completed on his timeline, so that he becomes a former president and whoever succeeds him will be trapped with a white elephant,” the Cons said.
Sen Roger Marshall, R-Kan., Said the ballroom is very “trumponian”, but confirmed that “he is going to correct it.”
“I’m glad they are doing it with private dollars,” Marshall said. “I think it would be a great thing that Trump will be added and put to the White House.”
Click here to get Fox News app
And Sen John Howen, RND, agreed, told Fox News Digital that the new Ballroom would be a great additional additional for the White House and persuaded that “there would be no cost for the taxpayer.”
Amanda Macias of Fox News Digital contributed to this report.