Catherine ArmstrongBBC News
A performance by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO) at the BBC Prums in London has been interrupted by Palestinian protesters.
The repetition of Friday night began when the orchestra was forced to stop playing for more than 10 minutes due to performance. It later resumed its performance.
The Jewish artists for Palestine, who described themselves as a group of “anti -Zeoni anti -Jewish writers, visual and performance artists, have claimed responsibility.
It said in a statement that the Gaza war, including the MSO and BBC, was interrupted for “Zionic funding, censorship and our cultural institutions” obstruction for “complexity in our cultural institutions”. MSO has been contacted to comment.
The BBC apologized for disintegration, but said it was “rapid” by the Royal Albert Hall.
In a video posted online by a supporter-P-Filistin Group associated with protesters, people can be seen standing in the upper gallery of the Royal Albert Hall, who are holding signs of black handwritten clothes reading “complicated in massacre” and “Jew Artists for Palestine”.
“MSO has blood in the hands,” a woman can be heard to shout.
The BBC Radio 3 was occupied, which was broadcast the performance.
The declarator Ian Scley can be heard stating what was happening during the blockage, in which the security was purchased to remove the protesters.
The BBC Radio 3 then dropped out of broadcast for several minutes to play recorded pieces of classical music, during which BBC Radio 3 and BBC Prom’s controller Sam Jackson made a statement on the PA system.
Angela Tanner, who was in stalls, told the BBC that it took a long time to remove the protesters.
“The entire program had to be resumed and after putting the piano on the stage and removing it, he was put in a separate order,” he said.
“There was a lot from the audience, finally they [the organisers] Announced thanks to our patience. ,
Jewish artists for Palestine said in a statement that it had targeted the MSO concerts program Cancel Last year.
Gilham performance in Sydney Canceled Due to the comments, he did in support of Ghazan. The MSO has said that the cancellation was a mistake.
The shouts of “You Silent Jason Gillham” and “MSO are complicated in massacre” were also heard, followed by the audience.
Jewish artists for Palestine also cited MSO’s funding and previous demonstrations that on Friday night’s lead artist, Khatia Banitishwalli, had given Israeli Philharmanic Orchestra.
Another audience member who did not want to name, said two protest groups were immediately dropped out of the building by security, but it took longer to get the third out.
He said that there was a second round of shouting after the demonstration started again, but it stopped quickly.
“Overall, the atmosphere seemed strongly against protest, many members of the audience got angry and shouted anger on the protesters.”
In a statement, the BBC said: “We tonight regret about our disruption in our coverage of BBC proms on Radio 3.
“There was a disturbance in tonight’s prom, which meant that the concert was prevented for a few minutes and the live broadcast on BBC Radio 3 was twisted for pre-recorded music.
“The incident was rapidly dealt with by the Royal Albert Hall.
“Our priority is always the safety and well being of all those who participated in BBC proms, and we want to thank our employees and the artists whose response helped maintain the minimum disruption.”
This is not the first time that the BBC Prums performance has been interrupted by Palestinian protesters. Israel Philharmanic Orchestra The repetition of 2011 had to be stopped twice due to disturbances by the protesters.
In 2023, two protesters from the Environment Campaign Group stopped oil Pumped on the first night of Prom After targeting many other incidents.
The Israeli army launched a campaign in Gaza on 7 October 2023 in response to the Hamas -led attack on Southern Israel, killing around 1,200 people and 251 others were taken hostage.
According to the Hamas-Interested Health Ministry, more than 63,000 people have been killed in Gaza since then.
Most of the population of Gaza has also repeatedly displaced; More than 90% of homes are estimated to be damaged or destroyed; And healthcare, water, hygiene and hygiene system have collapsed; And un-assured global food safety experts have confirmed that there is a famine in Gaza city area.