Michael Shells McCamy and Palin ColaBBC News
The body of Israeli hostage Ilan Weis has been recovered in an operation in the Israeli army, the Israeli army has announced.
Vesse, 56, was killed on 7 October 2023 during the Hamas attack in Southern Israel.
The remains of another mortgage, whose identity has not yet been released, was also recovered, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) say.
Israel launched a large -scale aggressive in Gaza after the attack in which 1,200 people were killed and 251 were withdrawn as hostages.
After the latest announcement, 48 hostage remain in Gaza – 20 of which Israel believes that still alive.
Ilan Weis was killed while defending Kibutz Biri on the day of the attack. His body was taken to Gaza.
Weiss’s wife, Shiri and daughter, Noga were taken hostage by Hamas on the same day. He was released in November 2023 during a temporary ceasefire.
Israeli President Isaac Herzog said, “Ilaan showed courage and great feeling on combating terrorists on that dark day.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is facing strong domestic pressure to agree on a deal that will still enable the withdrawal of all hostages to captivity.
There has been a huge protest demanding the end of the war, as Israel Gaza proceeds with its plan to handle the city and eventually establishes control over the entire strip. Netanyahu argues that Hamas’s defeat will protect the release of the mortgage.
The country’s army says it has launched the “initial stages” of its advance in Gaza city.
The IDF stated that a fixed stagnation in military action that was about to apply to 10:00 (07:00 GMT), would not apply to Gaza City. It said that it was “according to the status assessment and instructions of political assessment.
In recent times, Israel has carried out airstrikes on Gaza City and advised the residents to make their way towards the residence in the south south of the Gaza Strip.
Since August 14, the day the aggressive announcement was announced, according to the United Nations Human Affairs Office, around 20,000 people have been displaced in the south, in addition to moving south in south from Gaza city.
Western countries – and United Nations – have warned that an operation in an area of ​​Gaza where more than a million people live, it will have disastrous consequences.
Most of the population of Gaza has repeatedly displaced.
More than 90% of homes are estimated to be damaged or destroyed and healthcare, water, hygiene and hygiene systems have collapsed.
Last week, a United Nations -supported body, which monitors the level of hunger worldwide, increased its food insecurity to confirm the famine for the first time in parts of Gaza. Israel denied that there is starvation in the area.
According to the Hamas-Interested Health Ministry of the region, at least 62,966 Palestinians have been killed by Israel’s military operation in Gaza since the war began.